Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fragile Frame of Mind

There was a criminal justice student murdered here *STORY LINK* last weekend. Maybe you've seen something about her on the news, the case is getting national attention I think. It's the kind of case that will eat away at me even though it's not mine to solve. The woman was found with clear packing tape completely covering her face & that is an especially cruel form of torture. The general idea with something like that is that the perp/s forced her to watch what they did to her and she couldn't make a sound.

And pretty much anything that you can do to torture a person was inflicted on this woman.

I just cannot imagine the kind of evil that it takes to enable anyone to do something so heinious. I've been doing this for years but this sort of crime never, ever gets easier to handle- even at a distance.

Is it pure evil? I mean can hate even motivate a person to do these kinds of things? Is it more ambivalance & simply not having the ability or capacity to care about anything at all? I know the supposed textbook answers of course, but it never makes it easier to really process.

5 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Bobby, it is evil, plain and simple... but pure evil? I don't understand that oxymoron; how can evil be pure? I'm not familiar with this tragic story, but maybe hatred didn't even come into the equation. Did they take a complete stranger off the street and attack her? Surely this can only be the work of an evil, wicked, sadistic monster.

I can't imagine this was at the hand of someone suffering from mental illness; that would be a quick death, not brutal.

Bobby, how can any woman feel safe walking the streets?

lotsa luv ann xxxx

12:13 PM  
Blogger Riccie said...

Evil. Nothing else to say about it.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Selena Marie said...

Bobby,I don't know why,but some people are born without a Conscience. There were 2 movies made,called "the Bad Seed" the original was about a 12 yr.old girl,who was brutal and sadistic,and the other starred McCauley C.,same age as the girl, in the original film. They are called Psychopaths. Maybe, these people have chemical inbalances in their brains,and by the time they get help,it's too late.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Shadow of a Joke said...

Sounds like an interesting case.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Axe said...

Bobby, everything is relevant. Evil is only as wrong as your morals make it to be. If you have none, or low moral conviction, "evil" things are not so wrong.
What makes a person do something like this, is a provocation of sorts that they are unable to resist. That's all it is to them.
Hate is very powerful in the wrong mind.
I should know. I know.

Sometimes you lose control and your hate becomes a necessity to act out. I can't explain it. If I could, I wouldn't be this monster, would I?

This was a very cruel crime. It has "personal" written all over it. What do you think?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home